- US $1 is now worth ZW $2,000,000 on the black market.
- Inflation is said to be around 15,000% (independent analysts put it much higher).
- Is it all a result of Mugabe’s mismanagement and controversial policies?
- Mugabe recently said that Zimbabwe’s economy would not collapse.
- What marks the collapse of an economy?
The economy has been spiralling downward for a decade now. Zimbabwe used to be the breadbasket of Africa but now it is in a situation where the average person really struggles to make ends meet. Even if they do manage to get their hands on a bit of money to buy basic commodities it can be a struggle trying to get their hands on them due to shortages. When will Zimbabweans see an end to such conditions?